Friday 21 August 2009

Oh my God-Zilla!!!!!!

got the interstage, Jörg worked over the weekend
got the welding power supply (fan makes too much noise, must find something else)
switched it on.
ran it into a resistor.
it runs at 800V 100mA
measured sine waves with the scope and things you generally do
so far so good.
the OPT makes noise too.

that got me worried a bit.
Put an OB on the output.
No noise at all.
no 50Hz, no 100Hz.
Pure silence, amazing.
Maybe something wrong with it.
What the heck, put my Ipod on the input.
I played some Morcheeba.
Pure, no clipping, no deformation, very, very smooth

measured peaks at 26V RMS in 6 ohm, there is some bass in this music, yes....
that is 26 x 26 / 6 = 112W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
112W SE!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Head2007. I am very intrigued by your amp and the RS607. How would you describe the sound? I have all the parts to build a GM70 amp and was going to start cutting the top plate next week....but then I saw the RS607. It does not look like it would be too hard to change tubes now. Do you have a data sheet for the tube, I can't find one anywhere. Also, where could I buy two of them. Can't seem to find any for sale either. Cheers, Dennis.

    djnagle@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete